Stanbic Bank Communications Manager Cathy Adengo(R) Tee-ing Off Sheraton Kampala Hotel
By Peacock Kaweesa
Over one hundred and fifty golfers will be sweating plasma at this year’s Pepsi Independence Golf tournament on Tuesday at the Palm Valley Country and Golf Club off Entebbe road as Uganda celebrates 56 years of Independence.
Pepsi has injected over one hundred million shillings into this year’s 8th edition golf tournament. This was revealed on Thursday at the press conference at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel where different corporate companies unveiled their sponsorship packages including Sheraton Hotel shs32m, Stanbic Bank shs 20m,ICEA shs6m and Clarkson Insurance shs 10m.
The Pepsi Brand Manager, Audrey Lang in her remarks said “that this year’s golf tournament is more exciting than the previous editions with a shs 20m cash prize to walk away with in the pros category where 40 senior golfers will be battling up at the 36 holes luxurious golf course at the Akright Kakungulu housing estate. Last year, Mwanje Becca scored the highest points in the men’s category (43pts) as Mbaguta Gloria emerged the best in the women’s category with (34pts).
Past winners include:
• 2017: Becca Mwanja (Men), Gloria Mbaguta (Ladies) & Fred Wanzala (Pros)
• 2016: Wu Wei Ling (Men), Eva Magala (Ladies) & Dennis Anguyo (Pros)
• 2015: Enock Nuwagaba (Men) & Evelyn Asiimwe (Ladies)
• 2014: Davis Kashaka (Men), Flavia Namakula (Ladies) & Vincent Byamukama (Pros)
• 2013: Don Gorman (Men), Angel Eaton (Ladies) & Silver Opio (Pros)
• 2012: Charles Dickens Langoya (Men), Getrude Acato (Ladies) & Deo Akope (Pros)